Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chanel Summer 2012 Nail Colour in 'Delight' (607)

This is my second nail vernis purchase out of the three from the Summertime de Chanel collection for 2012.  (My other pick was 'Island' (#597)).

Packaging
The nail varnish is packaged in a square-shaped (with curved corners) glass bottle. The top black lacquer cap with the Chanel interlocked double C's at the top in white is purely for aesthetic purposes only. Pull this off to reveal the actual round nail varnish bottle cap (ribbed for better grip to open and close securely) that also serves as the brush applicator handle.
It comes with a relatively thin brush applicator that's easy to use and allows for more precise application.

Colour, Finish & Formulation
'Delight' (#607) is described as a "shimmering bronze", though to me, it's definitely more of a metallic warm, gold with a slight bronze hue that can be seen in certain angles and lighting.  It's more golden than Le Métier de Beauté's 'Lamé Entertain You'.  Paul & Joe's 'Home for Christmas' is much more yellow and a deeper, coppery bronze.  (Also, check out 'Natural N ChicMakeup' and 'The Beauty Look Book' for more swatch comparisons).

Because the shimmers are extremely fine rather than glittery, the finish is smooth to the touch - there is no gritty feeling whatsoever.  Huzzah!

The formulation of the nail varnish is excellent.  Easy to apply and is opaque in just a single coat!  You can't go wrong with that. ;-)

Btw, all Chanel nail products are formaldehyde-free, toluene-free and DBP-free.
On The Nails...
Applied against olive tan skin tone (~NC30). Application was in one coat only! ^_^  I used my favourite, trusty Becca 2-in-1 Base/Top Coat as a base.  Photographs were taken indoors using a strobe.
Availability
Limited edition. For Aussies, this is available in Chanel boutiques and Chanel counters in the David Jones and Myer department stores.

RRP & Size
AU$39.00 / US$26.00 for 13 ml / 0.40 fl. oz. of product.

Final Verdict
Nice, but not a "must-have" as it's not terribly unique.  I personally find gold shades difficult to wear in general, so I can't say I'm that delighted with 'Delight' (#607).  I still prefer the 'Island' (#597) shade from the collection.  However, I don't mind wearing this one especially since it's a medium gold that's not too warm and not glittery so it's a bit more wearable I think. It certainly adds a bit of glamour for the summer and still nice to wear for Christmas parties, too. If you love gold tips that's well executed and easy to apply then this might be for you.

Hope this helps.


Thanks for visiting! ^_^ xo


You may also like...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar