Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What I'm Reading

It's not often that I sit down and read a book but recently I've been wanting to find a new way of relaxing. I've been reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes after seeing the trailer for the film at the cinema and I cannot wait for the movie to hit the big screen! This book retails for around £7.99 in all good bookstores. When I first saw the trailer for Me Before You I knew it was going to be a tear-jerker. I may or may not have shed a tear just at the trailer and by the time I see the film I could possibly be an emotional wreck. I haven't finished this book yet, I'm about half way through so I will try to not give away any spoilers throughout is post.

"Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane. Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time."
My general impression about the blurb is that it is a story of romance, heartache and drama. The book follows the story of Will Traynor who has become a quadriplegic after a motorcycle accident, and Lou Clark who takes the job as his carer. So far, I think my favourite characters have to be Will and Lou because you can just feel the ever-growing relationship between them and as you are reading the book, you can't help but feel like these characters are real people and you just lose yourself and become entwined in their story. It really does hit your emotions as the emotional scenes are written incredibly well, I was certainly hooked and every aspect about the book made me keep turning the page to find out what happened! However, there wasn't really anything about the book I didn't like. I think this book will be a good read for young adults in particular as the flow of the story is really easy to follow and to understand. So far I would rate it 5 out of 5 and when I have finished the book and seen the film I will definitely consider doing a follow-up review about the story.
 
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on the characters and will you be seeing the film?
 
Beth x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar