Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Clinique 7 day scrub review



Hi everyone,

today a review on the Clinique 7 day face scrub. This product has been out there for a while but I only recently discovered it.

When it comes to scrubs, I never felt like splurging. Needless to say I was always unsatisfied with my scrubs. The main problem with all my previous scrubs were a lack of grain. I'll try to list the scrubs I've tried:

- Nivea Exfoliating Scrub

- Nivea Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

- Nivea Clean Deeper Scrub

- L'Oreal Pure Zone Scrub

- Garnier Pure Active Intensive

- Garnier Pure Active Daily

- Garnier Pure 3 in 1 Scrub

- Kruidvat Abrikoos Scrub

- Clearasil Rapid Action Scrub

- Kruidvat Cleansing Scrub

- And many other drugstore brands that were highly disappointing

I realise I haven't been very versatile when it comes to brands. It never occured to me that maybe I should try a high end brand. I tried the Dr. Organic Rose Otto Face Brand though and was quite pleased with that one, although the particles in that one were a bit sharp and the cream a bit too thin.

I was disappointed in Lierac cleansing lotion and face wash so I wasn't having it with pharmacy products at that moment. Clinique it was! I had never tried anything by clinique and read great reviews about this scrub.

Okay, so the price is around 20 euros, which is crazy. Will the amount be worth it?

I'm used to squeezing out loads of product to get some grain out of a scrub. But since it's quite expensive this one I only took a bit of product and tried it. Out came a thick little sausage of grainy scrub. No goo.

I starting scrubbing and oh my god. The thick cream gently melted on my skin and turned into an even, foamy shaving cream like layer on my skin. The mint made it feel tingly and refreshed my skin instantly. The cream spread so nice and even that all the grains, and there were a lot, like sand, spread nicely as well and even seemed to form a layer of sand paper on my skin, evenly shaving off the dead skin off my face. I'm quite used to it now, but when I first tried it I felt like my skin was drinking it up and I couldn't stop thinking: where have you been all my life? Drugstore scrubs are dead to me! I didn't know that scrubs could do this!

The scrub... just left my skin amazingly soft, slippery smooth, bouncy, clean, fresh, tingly. I only need a tiny amount which makes the scrub last for at least a few months when used sparingly. It can be used everyday though, which is the concept. BUT it hasn't really improved my skin long term wise. It don't think it could or should, anyway, I don't know why I'm expecting that. I still get break outs, acne scars, bla bla from touching my face. But skin is simply super clean and smooth for morning or bedtime, for makeup or for moisture.

Another little downside is the strength of the mint scent. It's very overpowering and the scrub is so powerful that the mint (oils?) irritate my face a little, it almost hurts from the "coolness". Maybe I'm just scrubbing too long. A final remark is one for the sales lady. She told me the good old story of how pores open and close and said that that's how one of those products worked. I had to contain myself in order not to laugh. I only know that pores get bigger with ages. I'm not a dermatologist but I'm not buying it that pores can open and close. They just sweat whenever the hell they want which is why they seem to open and close. Or when I use a nose strip and pull it off and I'm left with tiny holes in my pores, but hey, I fill them right up with makeup again, lol.

So all in all, this is the best scrub I've ever had, it's worth every penny, it's amazing price-quality wise, and better than drugstore products, definitely, price-quality wise. If you hate spending 20 euros on a tube of scrub, then don't waste any on drugstore products but just mix some fine brown sugar with biological lemon and scrub with that. That too will leave your face sparkling clean, but it takes a bit of time and effort.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub - 19,95 €

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar